KVH VCONNECTTM is a set of video collaboration solutions built on the Teliris video conferencing platform that provide a high-definition video telepresence experience at a reasonable monthly fee. It excels in interoperability with other telepresence systems, traditional video conferencing, and Unified Communications ecosystems, enabling customers to experience the benefits of highly flexible and scalable video collaboration solutions while leveraging existing assets.
As an end-to-end managed service, KVH VCONNECTTM supports all network and system-related processes including procurement, configuration, implementation, maintenance, and operations. This allows customers to quickly start using the service with rental equipment on their premises and KVH’s low-latency Network Services such as KVH Ether-MAN EX in Japan and KVH Global MPLS VPN for international connections.
Main features of KVH VCONNECTTM:
- MCU Not Required: Quick and easy implementation as it does not require the preparation of an expensive MCU (Multipoint Control Unit) at a customer premise
- Fully Managed Solution: No dedicated engineer will be required as we monitor the equipment and video quality 24 x 365
- Minimum Required Bandwidth: Minimum required bandwidth between two locations is less than 3Mbps at the highest quality
- H.264/SVC Codec: The platform licenses many of the standard-based audio and video codec including H.264/SVC, which provides superb tolerance for jitter and packet-loss
- Software-based Video Client Option: Users can join a video conference via the internet using a PC or MAC installed with the “VCONNECT @nywhere” client
- One Stop Solution: KVH’s low-latency network services such as KVH Ether-MAN EX and KVH Global MPLS VPN can be bundled to minimize the total cost of the entire solution