Business Continuity Planning
KVH’s infrastructure and service portfolio are developed to support your Business Continuity Planning (BCP) needs. They are designed to ensure your business has the means to continue functioning normally throughout and after a potentially damaging event such as a severe natural disaster or security breach.
BCP is vital to any business, particularly those that work with confidential or mission-critical information, and it is important to assess what resources your business needs to prepare for times of crises.
KVH’s integrated solutions are tailored to meet the needs and structure of your business. When conducting BCP, consider the following:
- Leveraging data centers: Data centers provide a single location for the total management of distributed IT systems, allowing you to securely manage and monitor your data throughout a disaster. They also ensure a stable power supply in comparison to in-house IT environments and machine rooms
- KVH Tokyo Data Center 1 (TDC1): Conveniently located in the center of Tokyo, TDC1 is a Tier 3+ facility with total redundancy in its electrical infrastructure, delivering true 2(N+1) resiliency in power
- KVH Tokyo Data Center 2 (TDC2): Reaching a Probable Maximum Loss (PML) rating of 2.6% and meeting FISC requirements as a backup for primary facilities, whether they are based in Japan or abroad, TDC2 is a highly advanced facility that will ensure your data is secure at all times
- KVH Osaka Data Center (ODC): ODC provides reliable backup data center services within a highly secure facility, providing a premium option for businesses that want to use a location other than Tokyo in their BCP site
- Backup Services: KVH’s storage and backup services provide you with a secure and reliable option in the case that your existing systems or networks are down
- Security Services: KVH’s managed security services include firewall perimeter protection, intrusion prevention, and email filtering services to ensure all areas of your business are protected
- Voice DR Connect: KVH Voice DR Connect acts as a backup site for your voice traffic in the case that your PBX system or voice communications infrastructure are interrupted or not functioning regularly
- 24x7 Service Desk: KVH’s service desk has multilingual staff available 24x7x365, enabling smooth and effective communication in times of crises or need for customer support. In critical conditions, such as during a major natural disaster, KVH provides ongoing support and proactive communications from its service desk to keep you updated on the status of your systems
- Customer Portal: KVH’s customer portal provides an online environment that is accessible at all times. It allows the secure exchange of information about the state of KVH’s facilities and services, ensuring businesses have constant access to real-time information about their data
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): The flexibility of the KVH IaaS platform enables businesses to quickly and efficiently migrate either a part or their entire existing system into a securely operated and managed KVH data center