KVH VoiceLINE Service (ISDN and VoIP)
Delivered over KVH’s ultra-low latency fiber optical network, KVH VoiceLINE is capable of carrying integrated voice and data calls to and from local, national, international, mobile, and 0120 toll free numbers to ensure high quality voice communications.
Specific benefits of KVH VoiceLINE include the following:
- High quality – delivered over KVH’s self-healing fiber network and high quality interconnections with other carriers
- Complete coverage – can terminate all traffic types, e.g., fixed, mobile, 0120 toll free numbers, and to all destinations, e.g., local, domestic, and international
- Competitive pricing – up to 40% less expensive than other Japanese carriers’ voice services
- Fast provisioning time – standard of 1.5 months, although in some cases, depending on your service conditions, provisioning can be completed in as quickly as 2 weeks
- Flexible pricing options – variety of billing intervals (1 sec, 1 min, 3 min) and pricing plans available for both domestic and international calls
- Business Continuity – Optional DR service available that automatically routes calls to pre-registered destinations in the event of a PBX power cut or traffic overflow
- Full Support – Comprehensive 24x7 monitoring and bilingual (English/ Japanese) customer support with dispatch maintenance service available 24x7x365
Offered in the greater Tokyo and greater Osaka areas, KVH VoiceLINE services provide a direct connection to your PBX handling outgoing and incoming domestic and international calls to and from fixed line, mobile and IP phones.
KVH VoiceLINE is available as either an ISDN or IP-based service to provide a choice that matches your system requirements. Both ISDN and VoIP (Voice over IP) services provide the same level of high voice quality.
VoiceLINE ISDN Service
- PRI (Primary Rate Interface) supporting up to 23 simultaneous calls using one T1 access circuit
- Available service areas: Tokyo (03), Tama (042), Yokohama (045), Kawasaki (044), Chiba (043), Narita(0476), Osaka (06), and Kobe (078)
VoiceLINE IP (VoIP)
- SIP over 10Base / 100Base connection sold in units of 8 simultaneous call channels
- Supports both ISDN and IP voice service
- Flexible channels - Additional voice channels can be added over the existing circuit allowing for rapid scalability at a very reasonable cost
- Direct connectivity with a terminal adaptor gateway to your PBX
- Available service areas: Tokyo (03), Tama (042), Yokohama (045), Kawasaki (044), Chiba (043), Narita(0476)
For either VoiceLINE ISDN or VoiceLINE IP, you can use new KVH phone numbers or continue to use existing NTT ISDN / analog phone numbers through number portability.
Notification on Changes of Universal Service Charge
May 23rd, 2012
This is to notify that the Universal Service Charge for customers of KVH VoiceLINE and managed IP-PBX services will be changed to 3 yen (3.15 yen with tax)/month per phone number from July, 2012 according to the Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications.
The Universal Service is a “service which is indispensable and essential to the lives of the people and its availability throughout Japan needs to be ensured”. Services subscribed as telephone service, public phone service and emergency call service are considered as “Universal Services”.
NTT East and NTT West have been paying to offer such universal services but due to their recent financial situation, all phone carriers are now asked to pay their shares. (For more information, please visit the website of the Telecom Carriers Association.)
Thank you for your understanding.
■ For more information, contact
Tokyo Sale： Tel：03-4560-7100 / e-mail：email@example.com
Kanagawa Sales： Tel：045-670-4411 / e-mail：firstname.lastname@example.org
Osaka Sales： Tel：06-6258-7070 / e-mail：email@example.com